Monday, February 8, 2010

"And my mother says Rebecca is as stubborn as they come
They both call to me with words I never knew
There's a bug inside the thimble, there's a band-aid on her thumb
And a pony in the river turning blue
They say, "Time may give you more than your poor bones could ever take"
My Rebecca says she never wants a boy
To be barefoot on the driveway as they wave and ride away
Then to run inside and curse the open door

I once gave to my Rebecca a belated promise ring
And she sold it to the waitress on a train
I may find her by the phone but with a fashion magazine
She may kiss me when her girlfriends leave again
They say, "Time may give you more than your poor bones could ever take"
I think I could never love another girl
To be free atop a tree stump and to look the other way
While she shines my mother's imitation pearl"






I'm in LOVE with Iron & Wine. He defiantly has a way with words. I love how in a way, all his songs, have like a hidden storyline to them. Like little stories. Another of my favorite songs is "Love Vigilantes" which is a new version from New Order. Music is something so strong and beautiful. its poetry to my ears.


Here I sit with a cup of coffee with Tyra Banks blabbing in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment